Did you know that the digital marketing industry is expected to reach $807 million by 2026, and 63% of businesses have increased their digital marketing budget in the last year?
These numbers go on to show that the demand for skilled digital marketers will only grow in the near future. LinkedIn said digital marketing is one of the top career choices in 2023. Thus, if you want to start career in digital marketing, then now is the time!
Digital marketing experts help companies reach their goals by increasing brand awareness, generating leads, and increasing sales. They craft strategies to maximise the company’s online presence and reach their target audience. Not to mention, digital marketing experts are experienced in analytics and can track and measure the performance of campaigns to ensure they are delivering the desired results.
So, do you want to start digital marketing career and establish yourself as a maverick marketer? This blog will provide insight into what goes into the making of a digital marketer.
Why Start Career in Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is a rapidly growing industry with many opportunities for a successful career. It is an in-demand skill, and those with the right technical, creative, and analytical skills can go far.
The field provides the potential for working remotely or flexibly and earning a fat paycheck. Digital marketing is a great career choice for those who are creative, tech-savvy, passionate about marketing and have an out-of-box approach.
How to Start Career in Digital Marketing?
Before starting a digital marketing career, it’s essential to understand the basics of the field. This includes SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), content marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, and web analytics. You can do this by taking classes, reading books, or researching online.
Taking a free digital marketing course from an accredited university or an online course provider can help you better understand the principles of digital marketing. You’ll learn about the latest trends, technologies, and strategies for success in digital marketing.
Opting for a digital marketing course online with certificate can help you stand out from your competition and show potential employers that you have the skills and knowledge required for the job.
Certifications are essential, especially for digital marketing resume for fresher, who often lack the necessary expertise to showcase in their interviews. Certifications can help both seasoned and amateur digital marketing professionals.
Here are some of the top free digital marketing courses:
- Fundamentals of digital marketing by Google
- Inbound Marketing by HubSpot Academy
- Google Analytics for Beginners by Google
- Become an Online Marketing Manager by LinkedIN Learning
- Digital Media and Marketing Strategies by University of Illinoise through Coursera platform
- Digital Marketing Tips and Skills by Skillshare
- The Beginner’s Guide to Online Marketing by Quicksprout University
It’s always possible to start a digital marketing career. With the rise of digital technology and social media marketing, there is an increased demand for digital marketing professionals. Many companies are looking to hire digital marketers and offer handsome salaries and perks so that you can begin your career anytime. With the right training and experience, you can quickly become a much-in-demand digital marketing expert.
Skills Required to Start Career in Digital Marketing
Are you wondering what skills for digital marketing resume are needed?
There is a high demand for digital marketing talent, and the digital marketing executive salary will depend on your skillset and expertise.
Here are the necessary skills that will help you stand apart from your peers:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of different social media platforms and digital marketing tools
- Experience in content marketing, SEO/SEM, email marketing, and lead generation
- Analytical mindset and ability to interpret data from analytics tools
- A keen sense of writing (copies and long-form content) and graphic and video designing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of marketing automation and customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of current trends in digital marketing
- Stay abreast of the latest trends, topics, and updates
- Should have experience running ads on social media and Google
Those who want to start career in digital marketing must possess a high level of technical and analytical skills, as well as experience in digital marketing strategies, tactics, and tools. They should understand how to optimise campaigns for particular platforms, create content for multiple digital channels, and measure and track the success of their campaigns.
Digital marketers must understand the brand and customer’s point of view, as it will help translate the brand story to the right target audience.
Things That You Need To Mention in Digital Marketing Resume For Freshers
A look into digital marketing resume for freshers provides valuable insight into the skills, experience, and qualifications of potential entry-level digital marketing candidates. It helps companies understand the type of marketing experience and the candidate’s knowledge of digital marketing tools, techniques, and strategies.
A digital marketing resume for a fresher should include the following:
- Education: Relevant educational qualifications, such as a degree in marketing, advertising, or business.
- Work Experience: Past work experiences, such as internships or voluntary work.
- Skills: Digital marketing-specific skills, such as SEO, SEM, analytics, or social media marketing.
- Projects: Projects that demonstrate experiences in digital marketing, such as website design or content creation.
- Certifications: Digital marketing course online with certificates, such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and copywriting, among others.
- Additional Skills: Other relevant skills like expertise in SEO, web designing, and data analytics.
6 Pence can help you start a career in digital marketing
If you want to start career in digital marketing, finding the right job opportunity can become a game changer. 6 Pence is a leading recruitment and staff outsourcing agency in Bahrain, Oman, Iraq, and Dubai. We partner with top companies and help them to find the best talents.
Candidates can drop their CVs with us, and we will help partner them with the right job that will help them get the top digital marketing executive salary.
Want to start career in digital marketing but are unable to? Let 6 Pence connect you with the company that you are fit for. Drop your resume with us and follow us on social media to stay abreast of the latest job postings.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the objective of starting a career in digital marketing?
Knowing the objective helps start career in digital marketing. The aim is to gain knowledge and skills in digital marketing, such as search engine optimisation (SEO), social media marketing, content marketing, and email marketing. This can help you become more efficient and effective Digital Marketers.
2. Which skill is best for digital marketing?
There is no one specific skill that stands out as the most important one in the field of digital marketing. Among the crucial ones are content creation, search engine optimisation (SEO), social media marketing, email marketing, paid advertising, and analytics.
3. Is digital marketing in demand?
Yes, digital marketing is in high demand. It has become increasingly important in today’s digital world, and businesses are looking for Digital Marketers to help them reach more customers, build their brands, and increase sales.
4. Is digital marketing a safe career?
Yes, you can safely start a career in digital marketing. It is a rapidly growing field, with new opportunities always being created. It’s a great career choice for those interested in technology, marketing, and analytics. With the right skills and experience, Digital Marketers can find secure, well-paying jobs in various industries.