Today’s organizations are 100% technology-reliant and constantly use internet to communicate with team members, clients, and even for the most sundry chores. Thus, the demand and need for network security engineers have increased manifold.
A network engineer is a technology professional who designs, deploys, and manages computer networks that provide a company with an in-house phone, data, video, and wireless network services. Network security engineer roles and responsibilities ensure that the organization’s IT infrastructure is robust, error-free, and works uninterruptedly. Sometimes, a network security engineer might also need to work for a third-party organization or client.
The Senior Network Security Engineer salary depends on what the role entails.
Network Security Engineer Roles and Responsibilities
Senior Network Security Engineer performs a wide range of duties, and their salary is a direct testament to the responsibilities undertaken. This includes:
- Developing security strategies and regulations
- Creating and managing firewalls
- Configuring and monitoring intrusion detection systems
- Ensuring that data is secure and backed up
- Design and configure functional networks like WLAN, LAN, and WAN
- Automate tasks and check for their efficacy
- Deploy and oversee test security measures like access authentication and disaster recovery
- Train cyber security professionals and other employees on cyber security best practices
- Create and maintain a technical documentation
- Work to improve network performance, capacity, and scalability
Certified Cyber Security Specialists also conduct security audits and vulnerability assessments. They identify and respond to security incidents.
Cyber Security Network Engineer Salary
Senior Network Security Engineers have salaries that are higher than average. The average Senior Network Security Engineer salary in the UAE is AED 10,000 to AED 23,000. Senior Network Security Engineers get paid well because of good reason. They are very skilled professionals responsible for designing and implementing the security of a company’s networks.
The Senior Network Security Engineer must stay current on the latest security technologies and trends. A deep understanding of network security principles is also important. They are also responsible for ensuring that the company’s network is secure and there are no loopholes that threat actors can breach.
Cyber Security Network Engineer salary in Oman is 25,000-30,000 OMR annually. The senior network security engineer salary in Iraq can be about 1,900,000 IQD per month. A senior network engineer salary in Bahrain can be between 1,00,000 – 4,25,000 BHD annually.
Your salary will depend upon your qualification, job description, experience, and location.
Senior Network Security Engineer Qualifications
Becoming a senior network security engineer can be a rewarding career. It provides excellent job security and high salaries. Many organizations rely on network security engineers to help protect their systems from hacking and other malicious activity.
But first, you need to meet the Senior Network Security Engineer qualifications. You can avail of many Network Security Engineer courses to learn more about the job. Take a look at what you need:
- 5 years of experience in network security.
- A bachelor’s degree in information security, computer science, or a related field.
- Expertise in enterprise security architectures, security protocols, and technologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of network security tools and technologies.
- Understanding of network security principles and best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Certification in information security, such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA.
Network Security Engineer courses help get a decent Senior Network Security Engineer salary. This position requires technical knowledge and expertise in network security. A certified Cyber Security Specialist must have a deep understanding of the following:
- Network protocols
- Encryption technologies
- Other security measures
The best network security engineer courses and certification to choose from:
- CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
- CompTIA+ Security+
- COBIT 5 Certification Training
- CISA: Certified Information Systems Auditor
What does a certified cyber security specialist do?
An idea of entry-level cyber security requirements can help you chart a successful career in this profession. A senior network security engineer must be knowledgeable in a variety of areas. This includes:
- Network security protocols
- Network security architecture
- Network security devices and their configuration
- Network security monitoring
Here are the senior network security engineer roles and responsibilities:
- Design and put in place secure network architectures, policies, and procedures.
- Track network security systems and assess security threats.
- Perform security assessments, Penetration testing and maintain compliance with industry protocols.
- Install appropriate technical controls to protect networks from:
- Unauthorized access
- Malicious code
- Other cyber threats
- Develop and maintain security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of network security systems.
- Analyze security logs, identify potential security threats, and recommend corrective actions.
- Identify and address potential areas of vulnerability.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Collaborate with IT staff to ensure the secure operation of networks.
- Stay current with the latest security technologies and best practices.
Understanding the responsibilities of the job is essential to performing the job well. It also helps you gauge the Senior Network Security Engineer salary and negotiate for an optimum package. A clear understanding of the job helps ensure you meet the company’s needs.
Hire Senior Network Security Engineer with 6 Pence
6 Pence provides access to experienced senior network security engineers in Oman, Iraq, Dubai, and Bahrain. We take into account necessary skills, experience, and qualifications. At 6 Pence, we can tailor the hiring process per your business requirements.
If you are a professional looking to earn a top senior network security engineer salary package, then drop your resume with us and be notified about the latest job openings in Oman, Bahrain, Iraq, and Dubai.
Network security engineers are in much demand, and with the right skills and experience, you can be one of the most-sought after professionals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What qualifications do you need to be a network security specialist?
You will need a degree in computer science or a related field, such as information technology. Experience with network security tools and technologies will be beneficial. Professionals in this field should also have strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
Which certification is best for a network security engineer?
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is one of the best certifications. It is an industry-recognised credential. It demonstrates knowledge and understanding of security principles and practices.
Which is better: cyber security or network engineering?
Cyber security focuses on protecting computer systems and networks from malicious activity. Network engineering focuses on creating and maintaining these systems. Both are important and necessary for the safe and effective operation of networks.