Just like the right company can be a career stepping stone for an individual. Similarly, the correct employee can lead a company to success. You need a specialist to head all the important departments, like sales, marketing, finance, R&D, etc.
Consequently, companies often lack a talent acquisition specialist in the staffing, hiring or recruitment department. These individuals help to find top talents on behalf of the company and often head-hunt individuals for top managerial positions.
We will go more on this as we describe the talent acquisition specialist job description. The talent acquisition specialist market demand has been high for the past few years and will stay longer as the competition for hiring the best keeps increasing.
If your qualifications and skills match a company’s talent acquisition specialist job description, it’s high time to apply for it. This article will share some of the primary talent acquisition specialist responsibilities, skills, and salaries in the GCC.
What is a Talent Acquisition Specialist?
Nearly 87% of recruiting professionals say talent acquisition has transformed into a more strategic function over the past year. It urges companies to circulate a talent acquisition specialist job description on multiple platforms to attract, source, and hire the best people for this integral position.
These talent acquisition specialists are professionals in sourcing, attracting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding talents to meet the company’s long-term goals. They form a part of the recruitment team but perform a more specialised role than a typical HR.
Talent Acquisition Specialist vs Recruiter
Though reading any talent acquisition specialist job description, it may look similar to recruiter jobs, but it isn’t. A recruiter is focused on the short-term hiring process of identifying and screening suitable applicants for a specific job role.
A talent acquisition specialist is focused on long-term human resource planning and finding the best candidates for positions that require specific skills. They are the high-level recruiter that offers advisory services over recruitment.
Talent Acquisition Apecialist Job Description: How it Benefits the Company?
The competition for hiring the best talent in companies is increasing regularly. This makes recruiters invest in hiring specialists who can help them make better hiring decisions. Listed below are some of the objectives for hiring such specialists in business.
Attracting and Hiring Top-Quality Candidates
They have the qualities to select top candidates for your company’s long-term needs. Such specialists can create engaging job descriptions and post them on multiple channels to acquire talented applicants.
Building a Strong Talent Pipeline
They can acquire candidates from multiple platforms, arrange and appear in job fairs, and use professional networks to build a robust talent pipeline. These are the potential candidates that, if not selected for now, can significantly help in the future.
Streamline the Recruitment Process
They can implement numerous effective recruitment techniques and utilise technology and tools to streamline recruitment. This helps in saving time for hiring managers and helping them to make well-informed decisions.
Enhance Employer Branding
They promote the company’s values, mission and vision statements, culture and opportunities for candidates to develop strong employer branding. They aim to advertise the company as an attractive workplace, which helps attract talented candidates for vacant positions.
They are experts in talent sourcing, candidate selection, interview techniques and employer branding. Thus, these specialists can guide HR managers and others in making better hiring decisions.
Talent Acquisition Specialist Job Description: Key Responsibilities
A talent acquisition specialist will focus on long-term recruiting strategies for future needs rather than looking into the current positions. They work with the management and the HR department to plan for hiring and internal candidate development.
Additionally, only highly skilled personnel are selected for this integral role. Individuals who meet the following qualifications mentioned in a talent acquisition specialist job description are hired by companies:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business/Human Resources or any equivalent fields
- Must have previous experience in 360 recruitment/talent acquisition in organisations or agencies
- Experience with using an applicant tracking system
- Solid understanding of current employment laws and ability to follow new regulations
The critical duties of a talent acquisition specialist are listed below:
- Coordinate with hiring managers and internal departments to identify staffing requirements and recruitment needs.
- Identifying the company’s candidate selection criteria, ideal hiring profiles and job requirements for each vacant position.
- Create specialised job descriptions and interview questions to reflect the requirements for every position.
- Candidate sourcing through multiple channels, including job boards, social media, and professional networks.
- Managing hiring processes through electronic ATS.
- Compiling lists of the most suitable candidates by looking into their resumes, portfolios, and references.
- Organising and attending numerous job fairs and recruitment events to create a strong talent pipeline.
- Maintaining records of all recruitment materials, including interview notes and related paperwork.
- Leading employer branding initiatives.
Talent Acquisition Specialist Skills for Your Resume
A bachelor’s degree and several years of experience added to your talent acquisition specialist resume can get you the job. But, you must possess certain traits and qualities to rank among the top few selected candidates.
Listed below are some of the most needed skills of such specialists:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: You need to spend a significant amount of time talking with department managers, HRs, and potential employers
- Good leadership skills: You must work with a group of potential candidates and speak on behalf of the company, which urges leadership qualities.
- Active listening: You need to hear the HR requirements and the candidates’ fit for the role.
- Good decision-making: You don’t just recruit but determine which candidate can benefit the company in the long run.
- Perspective and intuitive qualities: You ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the hiring process. This mandates the qualities and a basic understanding of recruitment standards, industry trends and competitor practices.
Talent Acquisition Specialist Careers
Talent acquisition specialists mostly come under the HR specialist category, as they perform advanced HR roles, and their demands have only grown in the last few years.
One of the significant factors of their increased demand is the use of technology in recruitment and the need for unique and specialised candidates. These specialists use ATS, data analytics, and social media platforms to reach more candidates and make better hiring decisions.
Additionally, the increased demand to ensure diversity and inclusion in the workplace opened doors for such specialists to drive changes.
These specialists, with adequate work experience in the field, can climb to numerous higher positions in the talent acquisition process. Some of the positions available in this verticle are:
- Senior corporate recruiter
- Human resource manager or director
- Senior recruiter
- Human resource generalist
- Talent acquisition director or manager
- Recruiting manager or director
- Senior talent acquisition manager
What is the Average Talent Acquisition Specialist Salary?
Listed below are the average talent acquisition specialist salary in GCC.
- Kingdom of Bahrain: The average annual salary of a talent acquisition specialist working in Bahrain is around 16,400 BHD per year, with the lowest salary ranging from 9,020 BHD/year to the highest salary of 24,800 BHD/year.
- Republic of Iraq: A talent acquisition specialist working in Iraq can make an average annual salary of around 19,678,200 IQD/year, with the lowest at 9,816,600 IQD/year and the highest at 30,479,000 IQD/year.
- Sultanate of Oman: If you work as a talent acquisition specialist in Oman, you can expect an average annual salary of around 17,860 OMR/year, with the lowest salary of 9,020 OMR/year to the highest salary of 29,540 OMR/year.
- United Arab Emirates: A talent acquisition specialist working in Dubai, UAE, can make an average annual salary of around 228,000 AED/year, with the lowest salary of 106,960 AED/year to the highest salary of 361,500 AED/year.
How 6 Pence Helps You in Getting the Role?
Finding open positions matching the talent acquisition specialist job description can be very difficult, and it is also a highly coveted role.
You can submit your resume to a recruitment agency to survive this competition. They help match criteria with different business associates’ requirements and get you hired. If you are looking for one of the finest recruitment agencies, submit your resume to us at 6 Pence.
We are one of the top staffing agencies in the GCC, working with numerous public and private businesses across Oman, Iraq, Bahrain, and Dubai. We create a talent pool with candidates from different backgrounds and connect them with our business associates for better hiring capabilities.
Visit our careers page and drop our CV with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the duties of a talent acquisition specialist?
The duties of a talent acquisition specialist are sourcing, attracting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding employees to meet the company’s long-term goals.
What are the basic skills required for talent acquisition?
The basic skills required for talent acquisition are communication, relationship-building, negotiation, analytical, problem-solving, active listening, critical thinking, etc.
What is the key role of talent acquisition?
The key role of talent acquisition is finding and hiring the right people to meet organisations’ future goals.