Did you know that 84.69% of all searches in 2023 begin on Google?
In a world where search engines are peoples’ go-to help book, SEO specialists are quintessential to a company’s success. With hundreds of organizations in the same industry vying for customers, if you are not on top of the results of popular search engines like Google or Bing, you lose a big chunk of your revenue.
Businesses spend a lot of money to improve their online presence through SEO. A detailed SEO specialist job description is important to find the right person to help establish your company’s credibility and presence as an industry leader on the internet.
This article will delve deep into SEO Specialist skills, responsibilities, and more. But first, let’s begin with the basics.
Types of SEO
Before hiring an SEO consultant, it’s essential to understand the specifics of the role. Businesses can find the right candidate by tailoring their Search Engine optimisation job description to their operational needs. For instance, if you have an e-Commerce website, your business needs someone with specialized expertise in that industry.
When trying to drive organic traffic to a website, you need to consider different facets of SEO.
Some of the popular types of SEO strategies are:
- Technical SEO
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
- Content SEO
- Local SEO
- Mobile SEO
- eCommerce SEO
SEO specialist job description
An SEO Specialist identifies strategies, tactics, and techniques to increase the number of visitors to the company website. They aim to obtain high-ranking placements on the results page of Google and similar search engines. Generating leads for the company opens up new scopes for driving profit and growth.
The job title may vary across organizations, but the basic requirements for an SEO Specialist job description remain the same. Some of the common titles for this role are:
- SEO Executive fresher jobs
- Technical SEO jobs
- Conversion Rate Optimisation Executive job
- Content Marketing job
- Performance Marketing job
Due to the job’s unique nature, many companies outsource this role to specialist professionals. Many SEO executives work remotely; even SEO jobs are available for freshers working from home. Thus, it is often a win-win proposition for both employers and employees.
The salary is important to check in the SEO Specialist job description.
In UAE, an SEO specialist can earn an average of AED 4500; in Bahrain, it can be 2000 BHD, 2050 OMR in Oman, and 1,210,000 IQD in Iraq.
The salary depends on the SEO executive’s experience and skill set.
SEO Specialist Roles and Responsibilities
The SEO specialist job description entails several responsibilities. Before applying for Search Engine Optimisation jobs for freshers, take a thorough look at each of them. While the duties are not strenuous, they require extensive knowledge and training.
Here are the commonly assigned responsibilities of SEO Specialists:
- Churn out original content for company web pages tailored for target demographics.
- Check search terms or keywords, analytics, and rankings to track the performance of client websites.
- Make technical suggestions to developers.
- Aim for increased interaction with visitors, including working on PDFs and videos.
- Employ conversion rate optimization and user experience (UX) methods to make website visits more active.
- Run pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns to enhance revenue via sponsored online advertising.
- Engage with different affiliates over link-building scopes to fetch paid commission for driving clients to company websites.
- Leverage social media to distribute various forms of content and encourage external sites to link the content.
- Steer target and loyal demographic to websites through community building.
- Check the algorithms put forth by the search engines to stay on top of changes.
- Come up with content marketing strategies and integrate them.
These are some responsibilities included in the Search Engine Optimization job description. Different companies might have duties specific to their brand.
SEO Specialist Skills
Every role demands a few skills, and an SEO Specialist is no different. You can qualify for many “SEO jobs for freshers work from home” if you have the required SEO skillset and knowledge. Some of them are technical, while others are soft skills. Let’s look at the commonly asked-for skills that can qualify you for SEO Executive fresher jobs:
- A passion for SEO, digital marketing, and lead generation
- Ability to search for the industry-specific, company-specific, and location-specific keywords
- Proof of an influential personal online profile, be it a website, a blog, or connections on social media platforms
- A commitment to update technical skills and knowledge continuously to keep up with changing trends and consumer behavior
- A curious mind that pushes you to get the hang of Google’s algorithms and foresee what changes could be on the way
- Extensive knowledge about the working of multiple popular browsers
- An ability to harness social media platforms and find ways to use them for content distribution, links, and successful campaigns
- A good grasp of PR and ways to get the appropriate messages out there
- Knowledge of how clients search and where and why they search
- A grip over the wider marketing context
- Great analytical skills for reading ranking algorithms
- Exceptional communication skills to inform, educate, manipulate, and mediate across stakeholders
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office as a whole
- Web hosting knowledge
- Understanding of content management systems (CMS) like WordPress, WooCommerce, Drupal, and others
- An SEO consultant should have good people skills and leadership qualities so that they can work seamlessly with other associated departments like graphic designing, content writing, and social media marketing
The SEO Specialist job description demands you hone these skills to be great at your job.
Find SEO Specialists with 6 Pence
Do you have SEO jobs for freshers working from home? 6 Pence can help find the right person fitting your company’s SEO specialist job description. We are a leading Staff and HR outsourcing solution provider based in Oman, Iraq, Dubai, and Bahrain.
The right SEO strategy can help your company’s bottom line immensely, and you need the right consultant working on it. But, even though it is so integral, should you spend a lot of resources finding that one person while side-tracking your core operations? NO!
6 Pence is here to help you find SEO professionals seamlessly and hassle-free. Connect with us today to learn more!
Candidates interested in applying for technical SEO or SEO executive fresher jobs can upload their CVs on our website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is coding required for an SEO Job?
What does an SEO specialist do daily?
SEO Specialists keep up with the rankings of content pieces published on search engines. They perform thorough research on keyword analytics, provide important backlinks, and optimize content to maximize results and improve website ranking.
What is the difference between SEO and technical SEO?
You might encounter technical SEO jobs when applying for SEO Specialist job descriptions. Technical SEO optimizes the company website for search engines helping Google crawl and index it better while also maintaining high UX. They also look into page design optimisation, the mobile responsiveness of the website, page load time, etc.
How do you conduct technical SEO?
Technical SEO jobs include knowledge of processes that ensure a website fulfills the technical requisites of present-day search engines. Crucial elements of technical SEO comprise indexing, crawling, website architecture, and rendering.